Sunday, December 14, 2008

would you rather?

So would you rather lose the power of your thermostat during the winter, and be without heat, or during the summer, and be without air conditioning?

I think we all know what I would rather. In fact, I'm calling it a blessing that the thermostat didn't die in the summer. I would rather put on extra layers and bundle up any day than drip like a leaky faucet. Granted, I just made biscuits not so much because I want to consume them but more because I thought standing next to a warm oven after cooking them sounded nice.

But still, how grateful I am that the thermostat gave up the ghost in the winter not the summer. My tootsies are cold, not scalding, which is much easier to fix - socks. The whole scalding thing involves violent shedding of clothes. It just ain't pretty. Ask Hong Kong.

1 comment:

The Harrises said...

I'm assuming you're a happy sleeper?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails