Wednesday, December 17, 2008

i am the champion, my friends

So it goes a little like this: I really like WINNING. We're in the middle of our family fantasy NBA league again, and this year, I'm well positioned TO TAKE HOME THE HUGE TROPHY. (If there were a trophy, I would take it home, especially if it were huge.) As you can see, Big Blue (me) is ever languishing in second place. I'm usually there. And it's getting a little old. But I'm determined to stick it out this year. Slow and steady wins the race. Last year, I just got bored and played a bunch of games to be done, sending my ranking spiraling downward. And while it may appear that LP Rocks is kicking my trash, now would be a good time to let him know that he's played THIRTEEN MORE GAMES THAN ME. Thirteen games is plenty of time to make up 160 points. Don't even worry about it.

Now, here's the thing: my star player, Mr. Dwight Howard, is down with an injury. Of course this is the first injury in his life, and it just happens to be on my watch. Also, my second in command, Chris Kaman, injured. Dwight should be on the up and up any day, but Chris is out for the count right now. So what I need from you is some positive thinking sent my way, sent in the direction of my injured boys in particular. Because this is a close race and I need all the support I can get. So say it with me:

I'M GOING TO WIN.

(Not that I'm at all competitive.)

1 comment:

JP and Steph said...

Hey, my dad is not in last place for the time being!?
I am not sure if I will let JP play anymore because he gets really upset about it. He REALLY is a sore loser. (as am I for the record!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails