Wednesday, January 28, 2009

he said she said

Okay, so we're just going to get this out in the open. Because every time we tell someone, we just about get killed. So because this is such a big deal:

WE'RE NOT FINDING OUT WHAT WE'RE HAVING.

I know. The world is ending. Pink or blue. What should we do? Tragedy really. Everybody - just chill.

I have my reasons for not wanting to know, and luckily Jess too is happy waiting for our goo-covered surprise to arrive before we find out whether I'll be buying mass amounts of pink things or a reasonable amount of boring blue things. (Because boy things, like the name choices, are pretty much bow-ring.) My mom didn't find out for any of us, which is probably where I first learned the value of waiting, especially for such a wonderful surprise. But among my own reasons, there's just something about being fat, ugly, and sick for nine months that leaves one wanting to look forward to something. Like a little bundle of joy surprise. I will love whatever exits my body no matter what, no matter if it has my blue eyes (fat chance) or Jess' red hair (fatter chance).

Also, I like to make people gape their mouths open wide, tongues hanging out, followed by an exasperated, "You're not...!!!??? Whhhyyy?" Um. My gut. My kid.

The only real "good" reason anyone tries to give me for finding out what we're having is that I'll be able to buy the appropriate color items before its entrance into the world. So if you're really feeling concern for my unborn child's wardrobe and accessories, have no fear. There will be two newly minted grandmas standing by. I'm relatively sure that this child will be fully outfitted within 24 hours of revealing its gender by these two (only a little bit) excited ladies.

Anyhow. For those of you who have ultra fast brains and have thought to yourself, "Hey, this baby has a strong heart beat. It's totally a boy," let me assure you that every one of my mama's girls had the heartbeat of a strong little boy. So keep guessing.

Happy, healthy, strong. That's all I could really ask for. (Oh, and red hair and blue eyes, thank you very much.)

5 comments:

Snailbug said...

Go Big Red! (red hair)
Go Big Blue! (blue eyes)

And yes, I'm standing by waiting . . . just a little excited.

Jaechon said...

My mom told me that you were pregnant! Congratulations and good luck!

singingrae said...

hmmmmm, well if you're going to not find out, well then, fine. I guess I'll just have to wait to send a gift. Oh, I'm so excited for you. I think your going to have a girl. But I highly recommend boys. They are SO fun!
And I got my blue-eyed baby. Hopefully you will too. :)

Jamo said...

You'll have a lot of fun that way. It's like "Christmas for grownups..." You have to wait for it and it's one of the few surprises you have coming to you.

Kelly said...

I don't ever plan to be surprised at birth, but I like it when others are :) So I support you completely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails