Monday, February 2, 2009

nice shadow

Alright folks. It's possible that I mentally willed my pants to snap around my growing waistline this morning. The problem is, my work wardrobe is hard to replace. Long legs and large belly make for a strange size pant. I dare say that this may be the last week that the snap meets the buckle.

Which wouldn't be such a problem if spring would just arrive already and allow me to wear skirts. Skirts are so friendly to the pregnant belly. I'm relatively sure I will live in them come summer time. But for those of you who aren't in the know, Mr. Punxsatawney Phil has declared us another six weeks of this frigid wasteland. If he wasn't so cute, I'd probably be way more bugged. But come on - a groundhog that fat can't be anything but loveable.

3 comments:

The Harrises said...

Just making sure my dear pregnant friend is aware of the elastic trick? Bend the elastic and slide it through your button hole and then loop both ends around your button. You may already know, and you're past that.

Shauntel said...

Elastic is stretching. ;)And the pants without the button are real problematic.

Can't I just wear pajama pants to work?

For real.

Kathy said...

Here's what I have to say...you have a prepregnancy wardrobe. You have an early pregnancy wardrobe (they have these maternity pants with a thin band that you can wear with normal shirts...and skirts are good too. Then you have the full on maternity wardrobe. And a postpartum wardrobe to tide you over til your preprego clothes fit. Seriously, I have MANY wardrobes!
Just succomb to the maternity clothes. You'll feel better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails