Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the power of suggestion

So you've heard of the power of suggestion, right? Well, let's talk about its extreme power in my pregnant body. It's not normal. It's kind of like a super power, but not super. I will see something on T.V. or someone will mention a food, and a few hours later, I will need that food. And it's likely that I will need that food for days, even weeks. In the first few months, when the thought of consuming food was on the same level as lapping up a bowl of sand, Jess would purposely say, hours before he knew I needed to eat, something like, "How about Subway, does that sound okay?" And I would adamantly refuse, kicking and screaming. Then two hours later mention how Subway suddenly sounded good. And Jess would shake his head. Then go to Subway three times in one day for me. (That's love folks.)

This is the worst so far, and it's driving me crazy. I am consumed with this craving. So I was talking with a friend on the phone and mentioned that I had just picked up my current favorite: a chalupa from Taco Bell. Sick, right? BUT I LOVE THEM. (If I'm being honest, I love them when I'm not pregnant, but possess the willpower to withstand when there isn't a fetus convincing me otherwise.) So she mentioned that her pregnant friend can't get enough Sausage Egg McMuffins from McDonald's. I was like, "Oh gross, that's the worst," but in my head I was like:

"Mmmmmmm. That sounds good. Good thing they're not serving breakfast right now."

And it's a seriously good thing that there isn't a McDonald's on my way to work. Because I'm sure I would've consumed that NEED by now. Every day. Just sitting here I'm about to die. At least my brain thinks I'm going to die, because I haven't yet consumed an Sausage Egg McMuffin.

But the double chin that I swear is making an appearance has some excellent arguments in convincing my brain otherwise.

Come on double chin. Hold out.

4 comments:

jaesi said...

mmmm...just give in...I love McDonalds breakfast....
my fav is the bacon egg and cheese bagel! try it my friend...try it.

Nicole said...

So my fault! Sorry Woog. :)

The Harrises said...

You are so funny! So if I mention, Arby's Roastbeef sandwich, Sun Chips, or umm, let's see, a Panera bagel with schemer...what does that do?

Shauntel said...

Don't even start! But Sun Chips generally make me ill, so I *shouldn't* be conned into that one...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails