Thursday, June 25, 2009

opinionated already

So our baby is (already) quite particular and very choosy. For months, Little Cheney has been kicking for Mommy almost always, for others, almost never. Including Daddy. If you really want to feel the baby, you have to wait for its daily bout (or two) of hiccups when my stomach suddenly begins to bounce in rhythmic jolts. Other than that, it takes a lot of patience and a lot more luck.

However, in the last month, it seems that Baby has accepted his or her father and will now kick when Jess' hand is on my stomach. One night, or rather early morning, when I crawled into bed after being up all night with one of my pregnancy ailments (I forget which, probably my ever rotting gums), Jess rolled over and put his arm around my stomach. I promptly fell asleep, and my pregnancy snoring ensued. Jess reports that the baby nudged his arm off and on for a while. But when I let out a particularly man-sized snort, the baby pummeled my innards. This prompted me to sort of stir and stop snoring for a moment. I then fell back into my REM cycle and soon resumed my snoring. However, when the snoring again reached a decibel level that was unacceptable to Baby, he or she would unleash another barrage of punches and kicks until I stirred and the snoring settled again.

I think it's kind of embarrassing. I snore so loud my unborn child finds it annoying.

Awesome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails