Monday, July 6, 2009

in love

How can one tiny person steal your heart so completely? Life mostly feels like a dream, even when we're up in the middle of the night. There is actually nothing I would rather do than stare at her. For hours. Even the crack of dawn hours. She's beautiful and perfect, and since she arrived it's as though everything inside me has slid into place, as though the puzzle that is me is no longer missing that vital piece, that one right in the middle.

I'll miss these first precious days, those little (loooonnngggg) fingers and toes that just keep growing, her little grunts in her sleep. The hours pass so quickly.

I'm so glad she's here, so glad she's mine.

6 comments:

Adam and Shawna said...

I am Joe and Jamie's friend in California and I just wanted to tell you that Annabelle is so cute! Congrats! My little girl is 11 weeks now. They grow so fast.

The Isoms said...

Ditto! It is amazing how such a tiny perfect thing could steal one's heart!
She's a cutie!
Soak it all in...because before you know it she will be starting kindergarten!

Kathy said...

It is simply a magical time. Enjoy every second.

Becky said...

She's adorable, and the way you write about her makes anyone want to be a mother.

Jaechon said...

Congratulations, Shauntel! She is so cute!

Nicole said...

She is so pretty Woog. Great pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails