Thursday, December 24, 2009

merry christmas eve

Christmas is a totally different experience when you're small. Everything is new and magical. For Belle, it's mostly about the PAPER. CAN I PLEASE EAT THE PAPER? Someday though, she'll be waiting to hear Santa's sleigh bells, just like I did (and still do when I'm at my parents'). Someday she'll be hoping and wishing that she got that one perfect gift. And the magic of Christmas that is a distant memory of mine is suddenly being revived. A breath of fresh air has been blown into Christmas.
And it's magical.


We had our own Christmas in Durham before we left. This is Belle opening her first present - a doll named Belle, from Beauty and the Beast (it's the baby version).

3 comments:

jaesi said...

adorable Belle, both of them :)

Merry Christmas Eve to you too!

Kathy said...

Paper, paper, paper. It was all about the paper for Rachel too. I have had to finger swipe paper out of her mouth way too many times in the past 2 days!
Merry Christmas!

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

So, am I a mean parent because we didn't even bother with wrapping? Or am I just lazy, not wanting to deal with it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails