Monday, January 18, 2010

dear immune system:

I realize that when I got pregnant (with Belle – this is NOT an announcement, don’t expect one of those for several years), you went crashing down in order to protect my baby. And I accepted those brutal colds as a part of the AWESOME deal of pregnancy. But can we talk about how THE BABY CAME OUT? (Believe me. I was there.) So just in case you didn’t get the memo: you can start working again.

And I know that if I just got a good night’s sleep, I’d probably fare a little better, but when Annabelle insists on sucking on every surface in her reach, she tends to catch every bug that wafts by her. So she spends all night sneezing and coughing, and I spend all night trotting back to her room to put her binkie in her mouth. And to top it off, she generally passes her diseases on to me.

I just want you to know that I’m pretty tired of having a cold, having had one since pregnancy. And Annabelle is SIX MONTHS OLD NOW. Baby gone. No need to be a broken system anymore. Any time you want to join the party, I’m game.

Gracias,
Shauntel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails