Friday, January 29, 2010

the latest accessory


So initially I hated Annabelle's highchair. I bought it because I love Ikea's streamlined products. They're clean and simple. And although it's somewhat cliche (and I tend to be revolted by the trendy), someday I hope my home looks like it came out of Ikea. And because my kitchen is accented with red all over (much like a newspaper, ha), I loved that we could get her a highchair to match. I liked that all parts were plastic and easy to clean (I don't like the cushy seats with surfaces that required more than a wipe to clean). And the price tags of most highchairs were killing me. So I went with Ikea's Antilop.


When it arrived and Jess put it together, I stood there thinking, "This is it? What, should we put Belle's dolls in it?" It's small. It's short. The tray doesn't easily come off for cleaning. I looked into returning it. We'd basically have to pay Ikea to take it back, so I decided I'd swallow my pride and make it work.


To be perfectly honest, I love it now. I love that it's the runt of the litter, that it takes up just a small amount of floor space in our already squished square footage. It wipes clean in a jiffy, and although I do wish the tray would remove easier, at least she can smear baby oatmeal (loves the stuff) all over the place and it can be cleaned without any thought as to what to do with its soft parts. 

It's not the perfect highchair, but it works. And for its price tag, it definitely does the job. 

Plus, Annabelle looks way cute in it. And isn't that the reason why we buy anything? To accessorize our daughter?

I thought so. :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We have the white one. I love it. For all the reasons you do. Cost, SIZE (it takes up a quarter of the space of those monster high chairs), and it cleans up so easily. I had a peg perego...it was big and to clean the thing drove me crazy; I had to use toothpics to get in all the cracks and crevices. Funny, my one complaint is how dang hard the tray is to remove. I always think I am going to break it when I pry it off whith all my might. :)
ANd yes, as long as the chair is cute with the baby in it, who cares about the rest. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails