Tuesday, February 23, 2010

can't get enough


So first, I should say that I've never been turned off by artificial sweetener. I know I should be, I know that studies show this and that. And I know that I sound ignorant at this moment. But the thing is: I LIKE IT. I actually think that the diet versions of sodas taste better than the sugar loaded ones. It's a smoother, less sticky taste, and I adore it. 

So now that that's out there...

I also love juice. The story goes (please hear my mom's voice):

"When Shauntel was little, she'd wake up in the morning, we'd hear her pad down the hall, pitter-patter, pitter-patter. She'd reach the table, where she'd retrieve her cup. If there was juice, we'd hear, 'Glub, glub, glub, glub.' If there wasn't, we'd hear: 'JUICE!!!!!'"

So to keep myself from screaming !!JUICE!! all the time, I customarily have some on hand. In my recent budgeting and couponing attempts, I try to only buy things that are on sale or for which I have a coupon, preferably both. So when Target was offering Mott's Plus, Light Apple Juice for $1.09, I scooped it up to give it a try. 

And now I'm addicted. This juice is simply amazing, and because I have no problem with the fact that it's partially sweetened by sucralose, I don't feel a guilty complex settle down about me every time I take a swig like I might with the regular sugary versions of juice. I just feel HAPPY, like the kind of happy I must've felt every morning as a little girl when I got my !!JUICE!!

In any case, for any juice and artificial sweetener enthusiasts out there, I highly recommend this magic potion. I can't get enough.

NOTE: I did not consume artificial sweeteners while I was pregnant. (Or caffeine.) And Annabelle has not had a taste of said sweeteners either. We feed her sugar. Pure sugar. By the bag.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails