Sunday, February 21, 2010

roll over beethoven

So Annabelle didn't roll over until she was about six months old. (And that was only because Grandma took matters into her own hands and taught her how while we were visiting for Christmas. And that was only from front to back.) I know this stresses some people out, but to be perfectly honest, I just assumed that the effort of flipping over that girth required too much energy, energy that could be better spent by playing. And then one day as I watched her attempt to turn herself over, I realized something:

It seems that our sweet Belle is destined for greatness in the circus circuit. Seriously double jointed arms. I know. When she would try to roll, she'd just end up laying on top of her arms. It freaks me out still, and even though I'd seen her do this a million times, I couldn't help myself from saving her:

But never fear, Grandma Christensen was there. Using some repetitious practice, she helped Belle see that if she put her arms up to roll, they wouldn't fold behind her. However, she never took much interest in the back to front rolling. Instead, it seemed that she would just skip it, as she's on her way to crawling (still only backwards, bless her) and pulling herself up to stand. 

Then, a few nights ago (make that early mornings ago), I heard the hunger cry. So in what has become a precise science and routine, I stumbled to the kitchen in the dark, assembled the bottle (I prepare the parts before going to bed), and scooped Belle out of the bottom of her Pack 'N' Play. However, I realized something was different this time when I tried to feed her bottle to the back of her head. (Listen - it's dark, I'm tired. And it's kind of funny, right?)

Turns out, someone has figured out how to roll the other way.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Loving those rolls. ;) So stinkin' cute.

Riss said...

I never thought about it before, but it just dawned on me that the beethoven you are referring to is the dog, not the musician hahahaha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails