Sunday, March 14, 2010

back to the 'burg


 So we made our way back out to the Great Smokies this weekend (Gatlinburg, TN). 
Third time in six months.
And it's five (plus) hours to get there. 
When you have a cranky eight month old in the car
(who coincidentally blew out all over the place, but missed her new car seat - cranky, but skilled),
five hours is a commitment.
Like "going out" with a boy in middle school.
That kind of commitment.
Also, I have perpetual car sickness akin to the first trimester ever since that one time I got impregnated.
So five (PLUS) hours of pregnancy is a MAJOR commitment right?
Right.
This time my family (minus a sister and her hubby) met us for a half week of
eating, shopping, dead tree looking (the leaves have long since fallen),
frozen waterfall gazing, aquarium visiting, picture taking,
fudge consuming, belly laughing, no sleep getting good times.
And I just discovered that most of the photos taken are in a fancy format (RAW),
which takes effort on my part to convert.

I may or may not put forth that effort.

Only time will tell.

For the time being, trust me when I say we will be back to the 'Burg. 
It is positively lovely, and I feel as though the town was made just for us. 

Also, is it just me, or does Annabelle look something like a teenager here?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails