Saturday, March 6, 2010

i confess...

...Sometimes I make cake, cookies, brownies, etc., just so I can eat the dough or batter. Sure, I enjoy the finished product as well, but the pre-product is where true joy is really found. Did you know you can just dump a little cake mix in a bowl, add water, and wallah - PRE-PRODUCT. (Some of you are gagging right now, right?)

Jess has been studying all week for the ethics portion of the bar exam (it's taken before the "real" test), and I thought I'd have some of our favorite cupcakes ready for him when he gets home from taking said exam. You know, celebratory cupcakes. (But who really needs a reason for cupcakes? I mean, seriously.)

Pretty sure I consumed a few cupcakes worth of batter.

Although I make truly homemade cupcakes occasionally, our favorite happens to be Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil's Food Cake, straight from a box. You can add some sour cream for richness, but I customarily make it as instructed. The trick is in the frosting, you see. We use this recipe. Substitute almond extract for the vanilla, and you'll be in heaven. 

NOTE: I did not frost Jess' cupcakes pink. These are actually from Annabelle's baby shower. You know. Back when she was a baby. 


2 comments:

singingrae said...

Those are beautiful cupcakes! Mmmmm...here's my address:

:) J.k.

Love your blog!

Kelly said...

Those look delish! Did I eat one at the shower? I hope so :) Here's a tip: add a package of dry chocolate pudding mix to your cake mix - it makes them more thick and moist. Mmmmm

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails