Wednesday, August 11, 2010

copy cat

   

I absolutely love mornings. I seriously anticipate her little morning sounds more than anything. Because that means it's time to play. And I get to snag my little bug out of her bed and watch her brain going 100 miles per hour. It's like she's been waiting all night to wake up.

Most often, she first tracks down shoes for herself and for all members of the family should we have neglected to properly attire our feet when we woke up. And then the rest of the day is pure discovery. 

One day as I brushed my teeth, she motioned that she'd like a try. So I pulled out a little brush I'd bought previously for her (but forgotten about). And like she does most of the day, my little shadow mimicked my movements and started scrubbing those four little toofins. She was so proud.
It's like you think surely this is my favorite stage, this is my favorite day. But then a new day comes and she asks for your toothbrush, and you're like, okay, this is it.

Yes, that's a ball in her shirt.

1 comment:

The Harrises said...

I'm glad you explained the ball. I thought she was growing something more than her teeth. What expression she has. It's like she doesn't even notice the camera on her because she is in deep concentration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails