Sunday, October 10, 2010

post op




I am more than happy to report that surgery was a grand success. Dr. Davis (my hero for the week) removed the left side of my thyroid and handed it over to the pathologist (I really wish I could've been awake to see this hand off. Do they put it on a plate? In a jar? On a skewer? I'm just sayin'...), who delivered the verdict we'd all been praying for: benign. He then stitched me up (had it been bad news, he would've removed everything right then and there), and I woke up to a nurse saying I'd be discharged that afternoon. The news that I could go home was perhaps as wonderful to me as the benign news, as I really wanted to go home to my baby, groggy or not. However, I'm pretty sure the Little Miss didn't even notice my absence as she had a grandma entertaining her and spoiling her to bits from the second I left. 


Recovery has been a cinch as well. I have almost full mobility of my neck, I can lift and kiss and play with my girl (with the assistance of Lortab), and although I have to put off my 5:45 a.m. workouts for a week or so (what a shame), I couldn't feel more blessed than I do today. I'm healthy. I'm home. And the people I love were waiting for me.

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails