Thursday, October 14, 2010

tis the season (to eat)

Confession: I really dislike Halloween. It's dark and evil and it makes it perfectly acceptable to glorify blood and gore and deception. Of course, I do love the food that often accompanies the holiday, and I refuse to completely turn my back on a perfectly good excuse to eat. First up: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

These come courtesy of my favorite recipe blog. They take a little more time than the regular muffin (I generally keep my prep materials to a bowl and a spoon, so this is way beyond for me), but they are more worth it than you can ever imagine. As an added bonus, you'll get to enjoy the cinnamony smell of Christmas while they bake.

And here's a sneak peek of a Halloween costume to come:





I figure that if I have to dress my kid up, I might as well make it a good excuse to buy pink cowboy boots (!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails