Wednesday, February 23, 2011

fixed and broken


So this weekend, Jess' entire family went to Yellowstone National Park. Although I was a basket case about it, I was signed up to go up until the very last minute, quite literally. The night before, I had (one last) major mental breakdown and finally decided that I needed to stay home. I had a respiratory infection (leftover from the cold) that I was fighting, and my doctor had actually advised me to sit this one out. Add the stress I feel when I travel (with a child) plus pregnancy irrationality, and you had me at goodbye.

So I stayed home with Belle. The weekend actually turned out great for us as my youngest sister was able to fly up and hang out, and due to antibiotics and my new diet, I've been feeling better physically than I have since I got pregnant. It's rather wonderful really. I have more energy, and I don't feel nauseated or have any extreme heartburn. I feel strong and human again.

Jess, on the other hand, isn't doing so hot. One day in Yellowstone was spent snowmobiling. In an unfortunate case of not seeing a ditch in time, Jess slammed his snowmobile into the ditch and his chest slammed into the machine. His upper torso is really sore (a CT scan revealed only swelling, thank goodness) and he can't lift or pull anything, including his Midge, which kind of breaks his heart. So in an ironic twist of fate, the momma has her strength back, and the daddy's is gone. While his injury isn't exactly a blessing, I feel very lucky and blessed to be feeling as good as I do so I can take care of not only our babe but also my broken man.

And now the photos that have nothing to do with the post will commence. (Photos of beautiful snowy Yellowstone to come.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails