Monday, March 7, 2011

letter



Dear Baby Cheney Dos:

I feel like I've spent plenty of time whining and grumbling about being pregnant, but I haven't stopped to tell you something: I'm thrilled to be having you. Some little girls dream about being ballerinas or astronauts or doctors, and all of these are incredibly lovely aspirations, but the only job I ever wanted was mommy. Your big sister has been the dream come true that I'd waited for. And I want you to know that you are a dream come true too. When I whine and complain, it isn't about you. In fact, when I stop and think about you I get pretty giddy. The other day I stopped to buy a baby present for a friend and found myself getting all mushy about some cute gender neutral onesies that I was sure you needed. And somehow they ended up in my shopping cart, even though I have an abundance of gender neutral onesies already. These are for you, and I'm so very happy to have you tapping in my belly.



So someday when you look back at this blog and the things I've written, I want you to be clear about one thing: I might be a whiner, but I already love you more than I can say. I'm so very grateful to be pregnant with you, and I know I'm the luckiest lady around. You are my dream come true, and your very impatient mommy is counting the days until we can actually meet. I love you sweet little baby. You keep kicking, and I'll keep the Cafe Rio coming.

All my love,
Mommy

P.S. You have a daddy who's pretty over the moon about you too. And a sister who has been dutifully practicing bouncing her dolls on her hips. In short, get ready for a whole lotta love to come your way.
P.P.S. Also, these photos are just the beginning. You should be aware that many more are in your future. :)

2 comments:

Riss said...

I love these!! And Sooh, you really need to get your name changed. :)

lichelle said...

Sweet Baby Cheney, we're so excited you're coming to join our family. Hurry up! We can't wait to meet you!
Grandma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails