Sunday, June 12, 2011

things i'm loving


1. A baby in a white onesie. Even if it's a big baby. It's hard to believe I'll have a newborn next month. I'm sure it will seem so very tiny compared to my big baby. Either way, he or she will also be in a white onesie most of its baby life. There's just nothing more adorable to me. A white onesie is just quintescential baby, don't you think?

2. Dannon Vanilla Greek yogurt. So, I know I told you all to rush out and buy Yoplait's Honey Vanilla Greek yogurt. And it's still good. But Dannon's vanilla is sooooo good. I like to pretend it's ice cream. (Yes, I'm desperate.) Super creamy and delicious. We've converted over here.

3. My crock pot. So I'm a huge fan of crock pot cooking, especially on Sundays or otherwise busy days. But when I'm pregnant I customarily give it up because I can't handle smelling food cooking all.day.long. I also can't stand the way the food smells seep into your being. Bleck. But I realized last week I had an electrical outlet on my deck. And voila. Crock pot cooking in the out of doors. Sold. Today, we're having this. And here's a crock pot tip: When cooking chicken, trim the fat and nastiness off, salt and pepper the chicken breasts, and barely cook on all sides before putting it in the crock pot. It makes your chicken less "crock pot soggy" and burns of that nasty chicken juice.

4. Watching Annabelle learn. Last Monday, for Family Home Evening, we learned that we are all children of God. And out of the blue a few days later, Annabelle informed me: "I chi God. Mommy chi God. Daddy chi God." It really is amazing what these little minds comprehend and retain.

5. Sun on my skin. I'm not going to get as dark as I did when I was pregnant with Annabelle because I haven't the time nor have I been ordered to sit around on my duff like I was last time (I had eeee-shoes during my first pregnancy that I've thankfully avoided this time around). But boy is it lovely to ditch that whole I-live-in-a-cave look and trade it in for a little potential skin cancer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails