Thursday, June 9, 2011

tiny shadow

So for the most part, I think it's fair to say that Annabelle is her mama's girl. And that isn't to say she hasn't always adored her daddy; it's more just a reflection of who she spends more time with (by virtue of Jess' job, she's obligated to spend all day with me). But in the last several weeks, I've watched a shift. She's still my girl, but man does she love that daddy. She follows him around from the minute he walks into the door in the evening until bed time, a chatty little shadow, anxious to help him with whatever he's doing. At bed time, she routinely requests that he give her a bath and her sippy of milk (formerly duties that fell under my job description and ones that only I could do). She simply adores him and loves to "nuggle a minute" with him the whole time he's home.

I realize that this could make me a little jealous and sad, but it truly doesn't. I'm grateful that the duties are already starting to divide in preparation for the new baby, and I'm also simply grateful that she has a daddy who treasures his tiny shadow and every minute he has with her. Some days when I watch the two of them, I just can't get over how lucky she is. Just as I hope she never questions my love for her, I'm sure she'll never question his. She knows she's got him wrapped right around her tiny little finger, and neither of them would have it any other way.

1 comment:

lichelle said...

Annabelle and Cheney #2 are very lucky little people, and I'm so glad.

All children deserve such a loving daddy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails