Tuesday, October 4, 2011

question and answer


So it seems a little early for this, but Annabelle has started the "Where does BLANK come from?" questions. It's often about her clothes or the food we're eating. But sometimes her questions are pretty random. We were driving up the canyon, and Belle asked us where the trees came from. Then she asked where the houses came from. I let Jess field that one. "Well, some people go to work like me...and when they go to work...they make houses?"

Yesterday, she came up to me and asked, "Mommy, where do babies come from?"

I'm. Not. Even. Kidding.

My mind instantly flashed through the many awkward conversations I had with my mom as a teenager. Oh the disgustingness of it all. So I took a deep breath and said, "When a daddy loves a mommy very much..."

Just kidding. I told her they come from heaven. Because heaven knows that answer makes much more sense than the conversation we'll have when she's a teenager.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Ha!!!! I recently had a similar awkward question from my (barely) five year old daughter. How can we not adore these awesome inquisitive children? Love it...but, ya...so not ready for that conversation!

lichelle said...

Yikes! Do you need to borrow "the book?"

Sweet little Belle. You gave her the right answer. It's exactly the truth she was looking for.

The Harrises said...

You little joker you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails