Friday, June 21, 2013

story teller


At least a few times a day, Lou Lou crawls up on my lap, and with the most serious face you've ever seen, says, "Pigs. Stow-ee." Which is to say, "Tell me the story of The Three Little Pigs." And so I begin, little Lou supplying any portions that she knows. Sometimes I ask her to tell me. And it sounds a little like, "Wolf came. Pigs chinny chinny chinny! Wolf huff puff!!" Then she blows the house down. And continues, all the while maintaining the practiced composure of a serious story teller.




It's maybe my favorite thing she does right now. A perfect combination of growing up and baby. Telling a big story with little words. And serious determination.

{These photos were taken during the first-thing-in-the-morning telling. Can you spot the "blow your house down" part?}


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails