Tuesday, April 15, 2014

parting



This sweet girl left us yesterday. After thirteen long dog years, her unbelievably kind spirit finally left her aging - but stubborn - body. We were as ready as we could be for her to go. It was her time. But it doesn't make it any easier. She was just a lover of a dog. She loved us, and she loved the people we loved. She's a special breed (Keeshond) that can smile when they're really happy. Their mouths curl and their teeth show, and it's just the best thing in the world. Every time I'd come home to visit, she'd come bounding out, even in her arthritic last days, beaming. 

I think it's a rather extraordinary thing that Heavenly Father gave us these animals to be our companions. I think that some of them - like Chamine - are super special. They understand us, they take care of us, and they love us to the very tiniest parts of our souls. They are truly a gift and a reminder that God loves us. 

Chamine was the best dog I ever knew. I feel so lucky that she was ours. And I am so grateful for everything she gave to us. Until we meet again, sweet girl. Thank you for loving us. 

I love you Tuss. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so sad to hear about Chamine. She was such a beautiful dog and so loved by her family. Saying goodbye to a true friend is one of the hardest things ever...it's honestly absolutely heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails