Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veterans Day in D.C.


We had the very good fortune of being able to visit our nation’s capitol this Veterans Day weekend. Much like visiting D.C. on the Fourth, it was a humbling experience to be there. The monuments and memorials become a little more beautiful and meaningful with each trip I take there, especially on occasions such as this.

Jess was like a small child on Christmas day with his camera. Just when I thought he was done taking pictures, I would turn around to find that he found another (better) shot by turning his tripod two inches to the right. :) He took some amazing pictures, and when I got the hankering for a spat of shots, he was more than willing to let me shoot away as well. (On this trip I realized that’s it’s my total and utter lack of patience that led to my abandoning the dream of being a photographer. The setting up, the number changing, the minor adjustments, oh my!)


I've debated how to share these (we took lots of pictures), but I think I'll try by site. Scroll fast if you're in a hurry. :)

Washington Monument



Lincoln Memorial






World War I Memorial




World War II Memorial










I also caught Jess staring into a crystal ball (at the Museum of Natural History in the Gems Department).

“Do I really have to study to get through law school?”
“Will she ever stop eating chocolate?”

Oh, and for those of you who had the extreme privilege of visiting D.C. with us in July, gone are the days of clinging to your popsicle as though your life depended on it. Actually, I was more like a human popsicle for the majority of the time. Let’s just say Saturday evening ended with thermal socks. On my hands. :)

1 comment:

Sis Kris said...

Awwwwww I'm so jealous!!! If I were to come visit do you think we would be able to visit DC? How far away is it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails