Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the bread of life


I'm not kidding when I say that every night I go to bed so excited to wake up. Why? So I can eat a piece of bread with strawberry jam. I seriously wake up just itching to get to what has become my morning ritual. Their thick (otherworldly soft) bread is something that belongs in the realm of perfection. And while Grandma Sycamore's is somewhat comparable in a desperate sort of way, I have yet to find anything in Durham that resembles good bread.

So it is with double sadness that I will leave my Japanese bread behind.

Not to mention the yummy jam with big ol' strawberries in it.

Mmmmmmm.

2 comments:

The Isoms said...

Looks YUMMY! The bread looks really good!

melancholyjune said...

Japanese pan is the best! Go shokupan! DELISH! Eat two pieces each morning for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails