Wednesday, June 11, 2008

in black and white


Today I visited Chuo Dori (Chuo Street), the place where Tokyo's five historical highways converge. When I got there, I wasn't too excited - the monument bridge is looking a little sad, the area a little run down, especially next to it's glittery neighbor, Ginza. But I had Jess' camera, and I thought that since I was lugging it around, I might as well get some use out of it. So I switched it to black and white and snapped away. And somehow, Chuo Dori isn't so bad now.

There's something about black and white that does something to a place and its people. It's like they're preserved in a whole new way.

Here are some of my favorites.






2 comments:

danielle said...

so i just decided your house is going to be awesome because in every room there will be amazing photography from the two of you.

Shauntel said...

For shizzle. :) Probably more from Jess as he's much more patient. But hopefully a few from me too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails