Wednesday, April 15, 2009

i confess...

...While there are many things I should or could be stressing about regarding the upcoming birth of my child, lately all I can think is: "What if my baby is tone deaf?" And some of you laugh, but music is just such a part of my soul. I don't care if they can sing beautifully (heaven knows that you won't be hearing me soloing any time soon or ever), but I'll just feel so bad if they can't "hear" the tones.

The good news is that quite regularly, when I'm in the car and Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" comes on (and in Durham, they only play five songs at a time on the radio, so this song is played frequently), the baby starts kicking. I'm not sure why Baby has chosen this song, perhaps because he or she realizes that his or her life truly would suck without me at this point, but it makes me smile. At least Baby's got rhythm. :)

...I'm obsessed with Listerine. If you live near me or within my speed dial, you know that I have some major problems happening with my gums. It happened in early pregnancy, then seemed to pass. But it's back with a vengeance. And it hurts. I spent a good hour bawling my brains out Saturday night simply because it hurt so bad.

And then I thought to myself, "Who am I to think I can give birth WITHOUT AN EPIDURAL?"

The good news is, Listerine, frequent (soft) brushing, and careful avoidance of the majority of foods in this world seems to be helping. Although I'm relatively sure that my father-in-law dentist is going to be pretty impressed with the state of one of my gums. Looks like someone took a hack saw to it.

...I made a batch of marshmellow fruit dip yesterday. To eat. Without fruit. And it tastes sooooo good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails