Thursday, May 19, 2011

scrub on, scrub off

So I really hate most kitchen cleaning devices. Sponges, washcloths, scrubby things. They just harbor disease and infection. It makes me kind of want to vomit every time I do the dishes, the way stuff sticks to your sponge and then you just have to pretend that it's not spreading to the next dish. Yuck. My solution up until recently was to buy the green scrubby sponges in bulk and toss them (much to the chagrin of my husband and the earth) the second I couldn't stand the smell or sight of them. However, my mom can't stand the green sponges and is always insisting I try a brush type device, but I've seen the way particles lace their way permanently into those things! And they cost more, which means when I toss them, I'm tossing more money out. But as I wandered aimlessly through Ikea last week (seriously - they've engineered that building expertly so that you have to wander), I saw this fancy brush, for a mere dollar.
 
And to assuage my mom's deep harbored desire for me to use a brush on my dishes, I indulged. And it was totally worth it. I don't know what they did to their magic bristles, but food doesn't get stuck, and it cleans both tough and easy food off of my dishes. I don't use nonstick pans either (husband is frightened of Teflon) so I get some serious food buildup on dishes.

So if you too secretly want to vomit every time you wash a dish, I say go for this one dollar specimen. Totally changing my life.

P.S. Sorry if you don't live near an Ikea. It appears it's only available in the store.

1 comment:

Jamie Cheney said...

oh my gosh what's even worse than the crusted on food is the way the moldy dish rag begins to smell.

Wow you know you a mom when you are blogging/writing about dish brushes ;)

I want to go to ikea when is your next trip!!!

love you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails