Monday, July 11, 2011

a little hike

I know this is hard to believe, but I actually took this. Fo' real.

On Saturday morning, before it got too hot (and before we showered or put on our day faces), we took "a little hike" (as Belle calls it) back at the Temple Quarry Trail. (Guys, it's so flat and not at all a hike. But I still get completely winded and hope that it will induce labor every time we go. Yeah. Right.)


I can't tell you how much fun it is to watch Annabelle "hike like Daddy." She even asked to wear his fanny pack when she couldn't fit her water bottle into her pocket.


And don't mind me, just REALLY pregnant there. There's just no excuse for that. Wowsers. And that sweet wide angle lens does wonders for stretching out my face and our appendages. At least it stretches me tall? I may have mentioned this before, but that lens is Jess' favorite (it does take great landscape photos) and the total bane of my existence (it completely distorts human beings, as illustrated below).


Although that stomach is no distortion. That's total reality.


In any case, it was a beautiful "little hike," perhaps the last we'll take with just our Boo. But then I'm pretty sure we'll love hiking with a little one in a pack too. (Totally just rhymed. Awesome.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails