Thursday, August 18, 2011

one month

I've started and stopped this post several times. But I feel like everything I type is inadequate. Yet here I try again. 

I think the first weeks of a baby's life are so magical. Yes, they can be difficult too, but it doesn't matter if your baby cries all day or coos like a pigeon from morning til night - you will fall more and more in love every day. I remember being amazed the first time around, marveling at how much I really loved this little person. There was a part of me that doubted it would happen again. And to be honest, I feel like it happened differently this time around. But the fact of the matter is, I'm in love. I'm in love with every little thing about this girl.
I love her big, dark eyes, the way they seem to consume everything they see. In them I see so much wisdom, and I'm sure that she knows so much more than we give her credit for. I love her many facial expressions - there's the little smirk or the big gummy smiles in her sleep or the way she cracks just one eye open sometimes, as though she just wants to see what's going on while she snoozes. I love how excited she gets to eat, the way she literally goes cross-eyed with anticipation. And then there's the way she snorts with satisfaction when her belly is full. I love her long skinny body, how she's too long for the small clothes but too skinny for the big clothes. I love the peach fuzz on her head and the way it stands up after I lotion her up, as though perhaps it's trying to curl?
I just love my little Lou. It's so simple, but the words to really express this kind of love are so hard to find. Just like her sister before her, I suppose I will always be trying to put the words together to tell the world that I think I'm the luckiest mom in the world. But I suppose it really is quite simple: I'm in love.

1 comment:

danielle said...

LOVE the pictures. The one with the bear is so cute :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails