Thursday, September 1, 2011

falling

So if you know me (or if you don't and you read this blog) you know that my relationships with summer and winter depend entirely on whether or not there's a baby growing inside me. In my real life, summer is death. When I'm pregnant, I love to bask. In my real life, winter is lovely and beautiful and I can tolerate snow for much longer than the average Utahan. When I'm pregnant, I throw fits. All. Season. Long.

But fall and spring? Now those are two seasons I can get behind. I'd totally run their campaigns. And I can't ever get mad at them. Ever. They're perfectly beautiful in all their growth and change, and they aren't too hot or too cold. I'm unbelievably excited that it's September. It means brisk air, and pumpkin cream cheese muffins, and walks with the babies. It means slowing down and staying in more. And this year, it means a trip to Gatlinburg, TN and the Great Smokies. One of our favorite places in the world.

Welcome fall. It's about time.
*All photos by Jess taken in the Great Smokies (in prior years).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails