Friday, May 24, 2013

washed away



The ocean. I never get tired of it.  Sometimes I feel like if I just stand and watch and listen long enough, my worries and anxieties, the silly things I bottle up, get washed away. They're deposited in the sand and whisked away by the tide. Just like that, with the rhythm of the earth, so many of the little things that plague a paranoid mind like mine are swept away. And anything that does remain has been been tumbled about just enough to remove the sharp edges. 


Of course, the girls loved the sand. Even our "won't touch a toe to that icky stuff" baby dared to venture forth this time. And loved it. We've got two beach babies on our hands it seems. They take the sand. I take the tide. And Jess takes the seashells. If Jess is near an ocean, you will find him at dawn, camera gear tied about him, eyes sharpened and looking for beautiful shells to bring home to his babies.


And in the end, it's a win win for everyone.




















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails