Sunday, June 16, 2013

dad's day

For years, I prayed for a husband who would first be faithful, and second, who would love his babies. Really love them. I prayed that his babies would know that their Daddy was their biggest fan and truest defender.

And the second that garage door roars open every evening, both of his babies jump up and down, shouting for Daddy, running to the door. And truth be told, he's jumping up and down when he gets out of the car as well.

He loves them more than he has words. Everything he does he does for them. They are his most prized possessions. I am incredibly grateful for a faithful man who not only kisses me on the forehead but also is his little girls' "gentle friend," the thing they count on every evening. Kisses and hugs and wrestling and everything he is - it is theirs.


This little Mormon Message has been around for a while, but I think it's perfect:




I didn't pray for a man who would take out the trash or do the dishes or fold the laundry. I prayed for a man who would love us and who would love God. And how blessed I am that prayers like those are answered.

Happy Father's Day.







2 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails