Monday, June 17, 2013

it's been said


Belle: Lou, can I switch places with you?
Lou: Uhhhh...
Belle: Can I switch places with you? Can you say, "Yeah"?
Lou: Yeah! 
Belle: Okay, let's switch places!
+
{or alternatively}
Belle: Lou, can I have those dolls?
Lou: No! Mine!
Belle: Okay, after I say, "Can I have those dolls?" can you say, "Yes"?
Lou: Yes.
Belle: I can have the dolls?
Lou: No! Mine!



ANNABELLE 

Belle: Hey, can I have some jlmns?
Me: {sounding it out} Some julemenes?
Belle: Okay. Can I have some...J-O-O-S?
Me: {sounding it out} Some juuiiicce. Some juice?!
Belle: Yeah! Some juice!
Me: Yes, you can! Because wow!
{consequently, we have abandoned the real spelling of juice, 
and when referring to said liquid, she always says, J-O-O-S}
+
Belle: Can we go to the skirt party yet?
Me: Nope, remember, not til after dinner.
Belle: Well...can we eat dinner right now?
+
{doing some random tumbling move}
Hey Mom, am I reflexible?
+
{after her pen runs out of ink}
This pen is not useful.
+
{a random shout}
I'm the luckiest girl in the world! Because I was born first! 
I came out of your tummy first! 
Then came all the other babies out of other mommies tummies!
+
Home Depot and Lowe's are just small stores. 
I don't like those stores. 
I only like two Targets and two Wal Marts.
+
{while visiting our friend's apartment}
His kitchen is small. He should buy a bigger house.


{while talking with her dolls}
Doll One: We can use my water ski to float the bus!
Doll Two: Excellent idea!
+
Mom, if I get married to Dad when I get big, 
then you won't have a Dad....that's the problem...
+
{during a particularly hard day for me}
Mommy, I'm sorry things aren't working out today.
{she's the most tender thing}
+
{while at Grandma Lichelle's house}
Me: Why don't you go get some toys upstairs to play with?
Belle: It's just random junk up there.
{my mom's house is far from cluttered or full of junk, for the record}
+
Don Don: Do you want to rest in the other room 
so you don't have to listen to the dogs bark?
Belle: No, I don't mind the barkness.
+
Me: You need to try a bite of your baked potato.
Belle: Ohhh, okay.
{eats a bite}
Belle: Mmmmmm. Wow! This is good! 
I thought it was going to be gross, but it's not! 
{thus the one bite rule my dear! :) }
+
{while reading a Clifford book to herself}
Clifford is not like the other dogs in our ward.
Clifford is a really smart man....er....
+
{while watching a movie}
Belle: Hey, Mom? Can you re-forward this...er...
Me: Rewind?
Belle: Yes, rewind. Can your rewind this?
+
I just love the smell of the garage! 
The garage is perfect for my nose!
{side note: she regularly informs us she loves the smell of the garage. weird?}



LOU

{all the time}
I'm tide. {tired}
+
{while Annabelle stands on her chair at the kitchen table}
Sissy, sit down! Sit down!
{Annabelle sits down}
Goo guhrl.
+
Oh, I lub it! {toys, her blanket, etc.}
+
Juuuuiiiiccceee! Juiiiccceee!
{thank you Annabelle for passing on your obsession}
+
{while picking at a hang nail, and this happens at least daily}
Lou: Look! 
Me: Oh, here, let me...
Lou: No, I cun do it!
+
Pojjy! {Potty!}
{when she wants to use the toilet - we aren't potty training, 
but we do cartwheels when she wants
 to use to toilet and does so successfully!}
+
Me: Lolly, who loves you?
Lou: Jeejus and Daddy.
+
{while coughing}
I choking!
+
Me: Do you want some mashed potatoes?
Lou: I do!
Me: You do?
Lou: I do!
{this is really excellent when you can hear it - I dooooo!}
+
{counting}
one, tree, for, fife, sis, seben, ate, non, ten, lellow 
{confusing the color yellow for the number eleven}
welve, turteen, foe-teen, fiteen


Me: What do you want for breakfast Lolly?
Lou: {always this answer} Um...eggs!
+
It mine! I hode it! My turn!
+
Lou: What doing Daddy?
Jess: Eating some licorice. Do you want some?
Lou: Lic-ish?
Jess: Yep, licorice. Do you want some?
Lou: I don't.
+
Watch me Mommy!
+
{all the time, which is adorbs}
Tank 'ou Mommy.
+
{after grabbing a bag of Wint-O-Green Lifesavers at the store}
I buy it.
+
{while Belle does some random death-defying trick off a chair}
Caweful Sissy!
+
Mere, mere. {Come here, come here.}
+
No! No talk! {Stop talking.}
+
Daddy lubs ewe! = Daddy loves me!
{she walks around saying this all day}
+
{whenever you ask her where something is, always the answer is}
Hind you. {Behind you.}
+
I like it. = I don't like it.
+
{while walking past the nursery at church, where she SHOULD go,
but instead comes to Sunbeams with me}
Me: Don't you want to go play with toys in there?
Lou: {thinking} No...I no like toys.
{riiiggghhhhht}


All photos taken at Jockey's Ridge State Park in Nags Head, North Carolina 
(the Outer Banks). Jockey's Ridge features endless sand dunes 
(it's the tallest natural sand dune system in the east), 
perfect for hang gliding. Or maybe just playing. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails