Tuesday, March 4, 2014

some more winter wonderland



So I found some more photos of our Yellowstone trip on Grandma's camera. And I had to pull them. Because there are just so many things I love about them.

1. I am so tired and makeupless. I spent the previous 24 hours locked in a hotel room with a sick baby. And let me tell you, that hotel room smelled awesome. I cannot tell you how much I loved the fresh, totally frozen air. But wow - I look like a nap should've happened instead of a bus ride.
2. I love how Jess and I are like bundled up to the point of snowman appearance in some of these shots. And then you have our kids who had to literally be coerced to wear any sort of warm clothes. I PROMISE I brought full gear - snow bibs, multiple varieties of beanies, gloves, mittens, boots. They weren't having any of it. And after the aforementioned not sleeping, I had no fight left in me.
3. That goofy hat Jess is wearing? From his mission. Yes, that would be over a decade ago. 
4. The binoculars that Belle has in a few shots are totally our driver's. The girls totally claimed them for most of the trip. The best was when Lou would look through them backwards and be all, "A bison!" Sure.
5. I look taller than Jess. This happens all the time now. Am I? Could it be that he's shrinking? Or more likely, that I'm growing? Awesome.

Most of all, I love these pictures of Yellowstone because we just booked our next trip to Yellowstone, and we're so excited. Yes, we'll be staying in the park (aka expensive 1950s accommodations). But this time we're not going in August. Although we do have nights booked then, it has come to our attention that we will have A CHILD IN KINDERGARTEN. And school starts for her, thereby ruining our vacations and maybe our lives. So much to the husband's chagrin we've rescheduled. Spring time in Yellowstone? I think yes.




1 comment:

Rachel said...

So fun! I haven't been to Yellowstone in ages (I think I was 14?) and you make me want to go back so badly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails