Monday, May 26, 2014

graduation what?

I'm fairly certain that it was just a month or two ago that Annabelle started preschool. It seems like just yesterday I was using my grown up eyes to march her in to class. It seems like just yesterday I was willing her to be brave, to play, to share and have fun, and to learn.

And then this happened.


No idea. The older my babies get, the quicker time shuffles by. I swear it.

Her graduation was a darling event. We've been so pleased with her experience in preschool and are so grateful for her teacher (Miss Sam) and everything she did for Annabelle. Our hopes for Annabelle in preschool were that she would find confidence (and bravery) and learn to socialize. But she learned so much more. She learned about careers and cultures and giant vocabulary words, and her reading level has skyrocketed. She learned to share and sacrifice. She learned how to be a friend. She learned that mommy always comes back, and that in the mean time, she can have fun. She learned to love learning. She learned to trust her gut. She learned to be independent. 


I'm not totally sure that every child needs preschool. In fact, I'm sure they don't. But we've been delighted with her experience and wouldn't trade it for anything. I sincerely hope (and even pray) that my girls will continue to be blessed with teachers like Miss Sam, who care about each individual child and have that unique brand of patience that comes with teaching children. 

On to kindergarten. Which I'm not really ready to talk about. I'm not quite that brave yet. :)











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails