Friday, February 21, 2014

a household of chronic illness


So since we had the miserable croup in November, one or all of us have been sick. We've run the gamut from a basic runny nose to a raging fever to coughs to the aforementioned vomit. Of course, since Lou was kind enough to vomit on me several times in Yellowstone, I naturally got the bug as well, and basically laid on the couch for the last two days. I'm fairly certain the girls love when I'm sick because it's basically a movie, then a movie, break for lunch, then hey, what about a movie. I'm honestly so sick of being sick. It's been a horribly long winter to say the least. 

This morning I woke up ravenous. My stomach was like OH HEY REMEMBER WHEN WE HAVEN'T EATEN FOR A FEW DAYS. My body had lost the aches, and suddenly my mind went - must.clean.now. Top to bottom I whipped our little house in shape, loads of laundry, vacuuming, sanitizing. 

This afternoon, I picked up Belle from preschool, headed to Chick-Fil-A and then straight to the playground. We played outside for almost two hours. It was as though I couldn't breathe enough of that fresh, crisp air.

Germs be gone. We're so over it. And totally ready for spring.









2 comments:

Riss said...

Lisel wants to play with them at the park! Sans germs :)

Kristen said...

Hopefully this is the end of the sick season! I just got my appetite back too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails