Wednesday, July 2, 2014

five years



My Belle:

Five years ago today, everything changed. Everything I'd ever hoped for (and so much more) arrived in a tiny body with eyes as old as the earth. I'm so happy you were born, five years ago today.

This year has been a huge year for you; you've become so brave and self-assured. You've faced challenges head on, sometimes through tears, but always coming out on top. Although it makes my heart ache a little that you're growing so big, I'm so happy about the way you're doing it. You are an incredible girl. You're thoughtful and kind, you're smart and witty, you're talented, and you demand perfection of yourself. 

My sweet baby firstborn, you changed everything. And you continue to change everything. You're our little trailblazer, and I'm so proud. I'm so grateful for you and especially for your friendship. There are days when I rely on you and your old soul more than you could ever know. I'm so grateful to be your mom and so grateful that you stand by me, no matter what. I hope you know I'll always do the same for you.

I love you to the moon and back, and then some more.

All my love,
Mommy


at four (here and here)
at three (here)
at two (here)
at one (here)

2 comments:

Riss said...

Stop growing, baby! I love those brown eyes.

Rachel said...

So, so cute. Happy Birthday Belle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails