Monday, February 20, 2012

seven months

Loula:

At seven months, you:

* Are a huge mama's girl. You have a really really hard time if anyone else holds you. Or breathes on you. This both makes me so happy (because you love me so much) and breaks my heart (because sometimes I can't hold you).

* Finally got to try food! First try was an epic fail. But you're warming up. You like: baby oatmeal with fruit, bananas, avocados, yogurt puffs, bread. And you like to "feed yourself," which means essentially that you feed the floor.
* Make this really funny humming sound when you're eating something you like.
* Started sitting regularly, without pillows or assistance, and can scoot around like nobody's business.

* Don't sleep awesome. You wake up once or twice at night (sometimes more - to eat or just whine). I blame the Pack N' Play that you're still trapped in. (I'm sorry. :( )
* Turn your head upside down to the corner of your Pack N' Play, the one that faces your door, when you wake up, just waiting for someone to come rescue you.
* Are getting ready to crawl. You prop up your body on those skinny arms and legs, and then fall. But you're close.

* Play peek-a-boo with your blankets.
* Say "mamammamama" regularly, which usually just means you want someone to pick you up. You also say "numnumnum" when you're hungry sometimes.
* Can clap, sometimes even on command, but mostly just because you're mimicking me.

* Get really stressed out when you think your sister is hurt (she's actually just laughing really hard).
* Survived four very long plane rides to Hawaii. You also experienced your first beach vacation. You were not a fan of sand or ocean. You did, however, love the stroller.
* Are still the happiest baby on the block. You only get the cranks when you're hungry, tired, or I'm not in your vision and/or holding you.

* Wear 12 month clothes for the most part. Although your dress last Sunday was seriously size 18 months. You're just so darn tall.
* Loooove to play with your sister's toys. When she willingly gives you something of hers, especially one of her babies, your face lights up like you just won a million dollars.

* Get really big eyes when you see something new, as though you're cataloguing information before determining appropriate action.
* Reach for what you want, including me, Daddy, toys, food.
* Crane your head up to look at me when sitting on my lap every few minutes, just to make sure I'm still there.


* Melt our hearts more and more every day. It's a pretty cheesy thing to say, I realize. But it's pretty much all there is to it. You're the most lovable thing I know. And I love your little guts.

Love,
Mama

Here she is at one month.
Here she is at two months.
Here she is at three months.
Here she is at four months.
Here she is at five months.
Here she is at six months.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails